Two different stories.
One $36.99 charge.
Over the past 48 hours, I’ve tried four times to get a payment — which I did not authorize — returned to me.
One call ended abruptly with someone telling me I needed to call Dow Jones (mumble) and not the newspaper’s customer service department to get my question answered.
I called back. I spoke for probably 15 minutes with another representative who carefully — and professionally — tried to find an account under my name. He struck out.
Confident that the problem was soon to be solved because I’ve also been working with my bank on this issue, I awaited an update from the bank.
And then came this morning.
Sitting on my front porch was a copy of your newspaper.
I called customer service and at some point your automated system pushed me over to a customer satisfaction survey. Much like your newspaper, that was something I didn’t want.
I called again. The representative I talked to handed the call off to another woman, who informed me that not only did I have an account but that I was about to be charged another $36.99 for the month of July.
So, how about answering a few of my questions:
- If I had a subscription — apparently for at least one month — then please tell me why I never received a copy of your newspaper until this morning?
- If I had a subscription, then please tell me why there is no email account associated with it?
- If I had a subscription, then please tell me why at no point did I receive a (form) welcome letter or anything else from your newspaper to indicate I was a new and valued customer?
- If I had a subscription, then please tell me why the gentleman I talked to the other evening could find nothing? He looked under my name, and he tried my ZIP code.
- If I had a subscription, then what exactly did I pay for in the month of June? Remember, your newspaper that I don’t want didn’t show up until today.
The last woman I talked to today informed me that my $36.99 for June would not be refunded to me. She did cancel my account before I could be charged another $36.99.
I hope you put my $36.99 for June to good use. I received nothing for it, except wasted time.
Have a good day.